Monday, October 28, 2013

Micro Aquarium as of 10/22/2013

I went to check on my micro aquarium on Tuesday, October 22 at 3:20 pm. I used the aquarium with the water sources and plants from my previous blog (See previous blog post). I used the computer screen to magnify my observations from the microscope. My micro aquarium had more movement than the first week. I saw the leaves on the carnivorous plant, Utricularia gibba, Pennak, 1989). had changed; Some had died and there were some new leaves forming. Behind one of these leaves I saw paramecium swimming. As I observed the aquarium, I saw two rotifer in the water referred to as Limnias sp. (Patterson, 1996).  Kenneth McFarland used his classification book to tell me which specific of rotifer they were. One of the Limnias sp. had rings around the tube, the other had hairs. The ringed rotifer is pictures in the figure below.

No comments:

Post a Comment